Photo Credit: Neosha Gardner/CreateHerStock
As a solopreneur, the last thing you have time to do is write articles to establish you as a thought leader (one whose views on a subject are taken to be authoritative and influential).
Repurposing quality content adds value and life. What’s old is indeed new again. Well, maybe with a different title, a few added images, and updated tools or trends. But for the most part, quality content can be reused, bringing it to the forefront for a second chance to be seen and giving your brand a boost.
As long as it is evergreen (content that continues to be valuable and relevant) with a tweak here and there, it’s good to go. Again.
Here are a few repurposing ideas:
• Repost and re-promote evergreen content to social media.
• Choose a list-post that you created and make each item on the list into a post of its own.
• Collect past posts to make a long read.
• Separate blogs into social media posts.
Reformatting content allows you to use it for different mediums. Meaning it will appeal to various audiences thus, broadening your reach. For example:
• Turn an IG Live show into a YouTube video.
• Convert social media posts into a podcast series.
• Convert your blogs into a video series.
• Expand your existing content into an e-book.
Here are a few ways to repurpose an e-book:
1. A podcast is more personal than a blog, and it is a platform for people to connect with your brand. Choose chapters from your book to name your show titles, secure a guest, and voila! The great thing about a podcast is that you can record them in bulk.
2. Personalize your email signature – Highlight your e-book with a link to download it. Depending on how much you email per day, you have a chance to reach people you may not have in the past.
3. Pinterest is great for repurposing. It is a driver of traffic that links an audience to your products and services. People like to purchase or take advice from brands they trust, but if your content is valuable, you will gain a Pinterest following in no time.
5. LinkedIn is a great way to reach a different audience from social media and drive traffic to wherever you point the reader. If it’s a blog you’re repurposing, give it a few weeks before posting. Changing the title, the thumbnail image, and switching it up a bit to appeal to the audience is a good idea. Adding humor is always a plus. Yes, even on LinkedIn. And make sure you add a click to tweet so your readers can share your content through their Twitter channels, and it will drive more traffic to your blog.
Repurposing content allows you to save time, reach a broader audience, increase the exposure of your branded content, and get the most value out of each fresh piece you create. Repurposing allows you to work smarter, not harder.
RELATED CAREER & MONEY
Effective PR tips that business owners can use to help their business stand out…March 25, 2021
Steps you can implement today for success in your profit-producing, purpose-driven business and all…March 8, 2021