By Shawn Stuldivant, Editor in Chief
Hey Bronze beauties! I hope you’re taking good care of your skin this winter by keeping it soft and moisturized. I’d like to share a product with you that I’ve been using as part of my daily morning facial wash routine for the past few weeks. But first, before I tell you about this product I’d like to briefly explain my face wash routine. When I was younger, for some reason I didn’t put much emphasis on what products I used on my face. At times I would wash my face using only plain soap and water. Now that I am older and much wiser, I have become more cognizant of what I use on my face because the older you get, your skin changes in many ways. So now my daily routine every morning consists of deep cleansing my face with facial cleanser/exfoliator with my battery operated facial polisher. After washing my face, I use a non-alcoholic toner followed by moisturizer.
In order for my face to feel truly clean, I prefer to use cleansers that exfoliate. That is why I was excited when I was asked to sample and review Belli Beauty’s Fresh Start Pre-Treatment Scrub. Ideal for use on both your face and body, Belli Beauty Fresh Start is a gentle exfoliator meant to be used to smooth and prepare the skin for your cleanser, toner, moisturizer, etc. Here’s some of the product benefits:
- Ideal for use on both face and body
- Free of teratogens (ingredients linked to birth defects or miscarriage in published medical studies); OB/GYN recommended
- Features antioxidant-rich ginseng and green tea as well as the aromatherapy benefits of peppermint oil
- Invigorates as it gently sweeps away dirt and dead skin cells to reveal smoother, softer skin
- LactMed screened to avoid ingredients that may be harmful if passed through in a mother’s breast milk
- Allergy tested. Free of parabens, BPA, phthalates, and artificial dyes
- Safe for use during pregnancy and while breastfeeding
I knew I liked it on the first try. It has a nice fragrance if you’re not opposed to the soft scent of green tea, ginseng and peppermint oil; and as soon as I began massaging it on my face I could feel a cool minty tingle. I love that feeling because it lets me know that it’s working. The micro exfoliator beads did not feel abrasive at all on my skin. The directions say to use it 2-3 times per week, but I liked it so much that I used it in place of my regular cleanser. You do need to make sure you rinse your face thoroughly with warm water or you will still feel a little residue from the micro beads. My skin felt very soft and clean afterwards.
Overall, Belli Beauty Fresh Start was a hit with me. It retails a little on the pricey side at $24 for a 6.5 fl. Oz. at the following retailers: buybuy Baby, ULTA.com, Dermstore, Destination Materinity, Skinstore and other fine retailers nationwide. In my opinion, the benefits outweigh the price.