Hello Bronze beauties, as we continue to stay safe, healthy and strong during these challenging times, It’s comforting to know there are individuals and organizations that are using all the resources possible to help fight the COVID19 crisis.
As a brand with care at its core, Dove has take action by dedicating product, resources, hand washing guidance and financial support worldwide. Here are some of the ways in which the beauty and skincare brand is taking action.
Honoring Health Care Workers:
- To recognize the incredible healthcare workers on the frontlines and raise awareness for the realities of their heroic daily acts, we have created the Courage is Beautiful film. Courage is Beautiful features images of people fighting for our safety every day, demonstrating self-sacrifice and putting their patients and community first for the greater good (see film HERE). This film will run on TV and social media to serve as a reminder of those risking their lives for our safety.
- In partnership with Vaseline, Dove has made a $2M donation to Direct Relief to go towards PPE, ventilators and medicines for healthcare workers on the front lines. We are also working with Direct Relief to donate additional personal care products to hospitals and health care centers in the US, following a 200,000 mask donation to local hospitals in NJ, where Dove is based.
Direct Community Support:
- $2.5M worth of Dove products have been pledged to Feeding America so far as part of Unilever’s global commitment to donate €100 million ($108M USD) worth of products and food to those who need it most (more details HERE).
- Dove is participating in Unilever USA’s United for America efforts, including a national Day of Service on May 21 where every essential item produced that day by Unilever at its U.S. factories will be donated and delivered to community partners (more details HERE).
Raising Awareness for the WHO Guidelines:
- Dove is helping to spread the message about the importance of washing hands properly & frequently, in line with the World Health Organization’s guidance. Dove is turning some of its TV ad-spots into timely reminders that people need to get up and go wash their hands. The brand’s message is that it doesn’t matter what brand you use – wash with any soap, just remember to do it often to care for yourself, your loved ones, and the world (check out the spot HERE).
At Home Support for Teens & Parents:
- The Dove Self-Esteem Project is adapting its current tools and programs to support teachers, parents, guardians and caregivers tasked with remote learning to reach teens and young people with self-esteem and mental health education while schools are closed (resources HERE).
- In addition to these free online tools and resources, Dove will launch a 4-episode series to reach teens directly on social media with accredited self-esteem education. Topics will cover: Wellbeing at Home, Using Social Media Wisely and Building Body Confidence.