By Beauty Expert & Contributor Tracey Brown
Who said that bronzer was only for those of the fairer persuasion? Bronzer can cure a world of evils for brown skinned beauties. Not only is bronzer your go-to for your “bronzed goddess look”, but a matte bronzer is a suitable stand-in for foundation. It’s the ideal subtle contour product. Bronzer wakes up skin, and with a dose of shimmer, makes even the laziest complexion come to life.
I have road tested my share of bronzers, and I have my picks for the best in budget bronzers.
- Apply bronzer where the sun would naturally hit — forehead, cheeks, nose.
- For contour use, apply bronzer around jawline and in on cheeks.
- Apply a pop of blush on top of bronzed cheeks for perfect color.
- Use your bronzer to even out swimsuit lines after a day in the sun
- Apply bronzer for foundation with a powder brush for even coverage; a fan or angled blush brush for contouring
1. Bronzer as blush — Black Opal Mosaic Fusion Bronzer
2. Bronzer that glows — Mabelline Dream Mousse Bronzer, Sun glow
3. Bronzer to brighten skin — Rimmel Natual Bronzer Sheer Bronze, Sun Bronze
4. Bronzer for contour — Wet n Wild Coloricon in Goddess
5. Bronzer layered with blush — Iman Sheer Finish Bronzer
My bronzer picks: