By Shawn Stuldivant- Editor in Chief
If you watched the Oscars red carpet arrivals last night, then you would have seen Taraji P Henson giving off some serious “black girl magic” in her flowing, black thigh-high slit Grecian Vera Wang gown. The Proud Mary, Hidden Figures and Empire star was absolutely stunning and glowing. Helping the award winning actress maintain her health glow is Celebrity MUA Ashunta (@ahsuntasheriff). In partnership with Vaseline, Ashunta shares her behind the scenes secrets for using Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Lotion to achieve Taraji’s fabulous glam and glistening skin.
BTS In love with the Cocoa. Prepping @tarajiphenson’s skin with @vaselinebrand’s Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Lotion for a red carpet glow to last the entire epic night. #vaselineintensivecare is made with deep healing moisturizers and #VaselineJelly it’s the perfect formula to compliment #Tarajis youthful skin #getglowing BTS #Radiant #Oscars2018 #vaselinepartner stay tuned for the #makeup look breakdown #ashuntasheriffbeauty
Taraji P. Henson’s Oscars Glam
- Because Taraji’s dress was Grecian and flowy, and showed lots of skin, I wanted to make sure she was glowing and moisturized from head to toe! I used Vaseline® Intensive Care® Cocoa Radiant® Lotion – made with deep healing moisturizers and Vaseline jelly, it was the perfect choice to show off her healthy, luminous skin.
- To start off her makeup, I used Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r instant retouch primer – then, Perfect Blend by Ashunta Sheriff – a dual ended foundation and concealer that helps you get even in one step. Perfect Blend is the first dual ended foundation, helps to tone down redness. The formula feels light weight and wears like a second skin giving you medium to buildable coverage. I used the shade medium for a natural soft coverage.
- For Taraji’s already amazing cheekbones, I used my finger tips for a softening effect to highlight Danessa Myricks Enlight in shade color Confidence – it’s super pigmented shimmer is my favorite. I contoured using Cozette S145 Perfect Contour brush and used Cozette Infinite Contour Palette was used to sculpt cheekbones.
- For the eyes, I used KISS Beauty “PIXIE” lashes – these lashes are perfect lashes for sexy and soft looks, plus KISS makes affordable lashes that are comparable to high end brand lashes. I placed lashes close to the lash line, then created a thin line using KISS precision point eye liner to create definition. I always marry faux lashes and real lashes with KISS mascara in black.
- Lastly, I finished the look off with MAC Cork lip liner and filled in lips as well for longevity – layering ensures the color lasts longer. To finish the lip, I applied Lip Bar Liquid Matte Creme in Savage and Drama Queen