By business expert and contributor Sylvia Browder
As I explain, Twitter is used by millions of people each day who share, connect, promote and brand their business image. If you, like them are still not convinced, here are 3 reasons why Twitter is important for your business.
ConnectImagine having a captive audience waiting for your information every minute of the day. By positioning yourself as an industry expert, you can grow a small community of followers who will have a direct connection to you and who recognize your name and business brand! You can also barter, search for independent contractors or find employees. Twitter provides a great platform to connect with the right people to fit your business needs.
In addition, this is great way for existing customers to provide feedback.
By connecting with similar companies will enable the sharing of idea, best practices and opportunity to gain insight on improving your business.
· Your message will appear across the Twitter board over and over by your followers who will retweet your message to their followers. Can we say ‘viral?’
The point is, with little effort and signing up for Twitter’s free social network, you can drive prospects to you by sharing relevant information about your business.
Handy Tools to Manage Your Social Media
As Twitter surges toward an estimated 190 million visitors each month who generate over 65 million tweets per day, there are many tools available to help you manage your time and productivity. Here are a few of my favorites:
· Market Me Suite: allows thousands of small businesses to manage their social media. It allows each of your individual tweets to say, www.yourwebsite.com or via your name. http://marketmesuite.com/
· Seesmic: a powerful collection of social management tools that provide businesses and individuals with everything they need to build their brand online. With applications on every platform, Seesmic is the most comprehensive solution on the market. http://seesmic.com/
· Tweet Deck: your personal browser for staying in touch with what’s happening now, connecting you with your contacts across Twitter, Face book, LinkedIn and more. www.tweetdeck.com List Management· MyTweeple: a great way to manage your Twitter people in one place. You can easily see who you are following and who’s following you. With a simple click, you can follow, unfollow, or block people, and these changes instantly update Twitter. http://mytweeple.com
· Tweeter Karma: a flash application that fetches your friends and followers from Twitter when you click the “Whack!” button, then displays them for you, letting you quickly paginate through them. http://dossy.org/twitter/karma/
· Twit Cleaner: Analyses the profiles & tweets of your followers, looking for certain patterns of behavior, such as overly repetitive, common spam tactics, and posting the same links repeatedly, thus, allowing you to decide who to save & who to unfollow. www.twitcleaner.com
· Twibs: Give twitter users a place to find businesses on twitter. www.twibs.com
· Twitter Search: Twitter Search helps you filter all the real-time information coursing through our service. http://search.twitter.com/
Analytics and Tracking
· Tweet Stats: graph your twitter stats. http://tweetstats.com/
· TwittUrlLy: tracks the URLs around the Twitter verse and provides a quick, real-time view of what people are talking about on Twitter. http://twitturly.com/
· Twitter Feed: tweet blog posts. http://twitterfeed.com/
· Twit Dom: The Twitter Applications Directory with over 2000 apps. http://twitdom.com/
· Klout: A tool used for an individual to measure and leverage their influence on twitter. www.klout.com/
Key words: National association of women, women entrepreneurs, social media, social network, twitter