By Sylvia Browder
Are you the CEO that you always envisioned? Is your company thriving with an overflow of potential leads? Do you have a tried and true method to selling yourself; your product or services; and the idea that TODAY is the best time for people to make the purchase? If not, and you find it difficult to connect – engage – and make the offer; then this simple approach could help you become an effective CEO:
How are you connecting with potential clients? Are you extremely clear about how your business can help them? And no, your ideal customer doesn’t include everyone in the world! Unfortunately, this is a common mistake that most businesses make when prospecting. If you’ve honed in on your target market, they will easily recognize your business as a precise solution to their needs.
To commence, conduct some research to determine where they exist. Yes, this takes time and effort but it is an important part in determining who, what, where and why of your target. Oh, don’t think this is a one-time thing; you will need to revisit and research regularly.
In addition, create a local and virtual presence; build a basic website adding relevant content for visitors; and take advantage of social media marketing tools. By positioning yourself as an industry expert, you can grow a group of followers who will have a direct connection to you and who recognize your name and business brand!
Here are 3 questions to ponder:
- Where do they live? Are they local, national, virtual or global? By determining this, you can focus your marketing tactics specifically to those geographic areas.
- How would you describe them? Be able to describe your ideal client in terms of age, gender, education and nationality.
- What is their profession and income level? Understanding both allows you to target only those who can afford your product or services.
Now that you’ve connected with your ideal clients, you need to establish credibility and build up the three basic elements of know, like and trust. Converse with them… share your resources and show value. This builds a sense of trust and sincerity.
So, you’ve wined and dined your prospective clients. Now it’s time to let them know what you’ve got; how it will benefit them and what you’re looking for in return. It’s your job to create an irresistible offer. What is your FREE giveaway? If you are wondering why this is important, consider the following. Would you buy a new vehicle without first taking a test drive? Probably not! So, how can you expect people to buy from you without trying it? Huh?
As consumers, we are all bombarded with new offers all the time. So, it’s imperative that your offer fulfills a need. A big mistake you can make is to focus only on your offer and not the value it brings to the table. So, if you can put yourself in the shoes of a consumer, answer the following 4 questions as it relates to your product or services:
- 1. What’s In It for Me or (WIIFM)?
- 2. What benefits will I get in exchange for the money?
- 3. What problems does this solve for me?
- 4. How does this make my life better or easier?
Were you able to answer each honestly? So, whether your initial offer is a FREE teleseminar, a workshop at the local library, an eBook or whitepaper or a complimentary strategy session, it needs to be a relevant and tangible will make a difference in the life of your potential client.
In conclusion, by using the CEO method, you have a consistent system in place to attract potential clients; building their confidence in you; your product or service; and ultimately, becoming a loyal and paying customer.
Sylvia Browder is founder of National Association Women on the Rise, a virtual community for aspiring and established women entrepreneurs. She has served as an online volunteer SCORE counselor since 2004. For FREE weekly articles go to Sylvia Browder’s Blog for Women Entrepreneurs, www.sylviabrowder.com. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become a fan of ‘National Association Women on the Rise:’ http://bit.ly/9qqvWW
- Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/sylviabrowder and http://twitter.com/nawomenrise
- Are you LinkedIn? http://www.linkedin.com/in/sylviabrowder
- Join ‘National Association Women on the Rise’ on LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/dsd5E0
- Join our community on NING, www.nawomenrise.com